There is a conundrum here: how does any of us know what our full potential is? How do we know which subject will be the one that will allow us to shine? How do we know which job we would enjoy the most; which profession we would be the most successful in?
Furthermore, the world of work is increasingly focussed on teams of people working together. As a result employers are not looking for hard-working all-rounders, but for people who can bring something particular to the team.
They want the brilliantly creative (but annoyingly forgetful) person, working alongside one who methodically evaluates all the options and then makes rapid judgements. The specialist inevitably overloading everyone with too much information working alongside the implementer who picks the key points, plans the strategy, and makes it happen.
Thus employers do indeed need perfectionists who will painstakingly work through the matter at hand to weed out the errors. But they also need the free thinkers who can suddenly come up with previously unimagined solutions to problems within the company.
As a result the people who get the exciting jobs are the ones who can identify themselves correctly within the multiplicity of roles that organisations now have. The old days of being able to write a catch all CV which focuses on exam results and says, “I’m hard working, a team player, reliable and practical, but also creative…” are long gone
GetSet from Belbin is a questionnaire-based approach to helping students find out about their own strengths and talents.
To help you see the value that can be gained from completing the survey, we are very happy to offer you the chance to take the GetSet questionnaire yourself at no cost or obligation.
Then, if you feel it would be helpful to your students you can arrange for the questionnaire to be made available to those students whom you nominate.
To apply for a free questionnaire for yourself or one of your students please click here – click the contact us at the top of the page and write ‘a free one please’ in the box. To read more about GetSet please do look at our website here www.belbingetset.com . Or if you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01223 264975.
It’s probably safe to assume that the school was satisfied with the new calculator and that it met the criteria of their maths department as well as being suitable for use at KS 3, 4 and in GCSE exams.
…and the calculator in question? It’s the Logik LK 83XP, featuring “natural display” format, dual power (battery & solar) prime factorisation, stats calculations, random numbers, trig functions, algebraic logic, hyperbolics, and a host of other features which make it a sensible choice for KS 3, KS 4 and GCSE maths. Standard and Higher Grade, Junior & Leaving Certificate
The LK 83XP has auto shut off (to preserve battery life), hard plastic keys & a slide-on case for durability plus a THREE year guarantee. It’s an excellent alternative to the brand leader and at a time when school budgets are under pressure its cost is reassuringly modest…from only £ 5.29 each ex vat. Standard and Higher Grade, Junior & Leaving Certificate
Further details of the LK 83XP dual power scientific calc be found at:
or contact Signpost Educational Ltd on 020 7515 1797 or email: email@example.com
Signpost Educational Ltd., PO Box 999 London E14 6SH
With support from our Primary Progress toolkit, yes you can.
Our system is flexible enough to allow schools to manage their own assessment policy, and MAT management to compare their schools’ progress and attainment.
- pick their own subjects, statements/objectives (the toolkit can import these or provide a default set to edit).
- agree a set of assessment grades, which define pupils’ steps towards mastering the curriculum (the toolkit can cope with any set of assessment grades).
- use a quick and easy way for teachers to record their assessments (the toolkit provides this).
- set Age Related Expectations for each term (the toolkit has a simple way to set these).
- analyse which pupils are making expected progress and which need support to get them on track (the toolkit provides multiple reports)
The MAT can get:
- a dashboard giving access to all the individual school toolkits, together with overview reports which summarise results at MAT level and compare schools performance.
So, if you aren´t 100% satisfied with your current assessment tracking system, why not check out our Online Primary Progress toolkit at primaryprogresstoolkit.co.uk?
If you need more information, or would like to discuss your specific needs, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can give you free access to a demo site, where you can try out the toolkit for yourself.
Statistics for Education Ltd, 5 Bridge Street, Bishop’s Stortford, Herts, CM23 2JU
Tel: 01279 652183; Email: email@example.com
Now that the A Level and GCSE results are known, many of your students will be seeking your help with the new term’s subject choices or changes to their university ambitions. Education Advisers Ltd can offer services to supplement your help to such students and their parents. For example :
- We have produced an online library of university advice sources , which is available free of charge to schools to paste onto their own school extranets or intranets – simply ask us for details
- We have detailed free eguides on applying to medical school or art school
- For those students whose GCSE grades fell below expectations, we have alternative solutions with schools or colleges offering BTECs
- There has been an upsurge in interest in Foundation Programmes, which are shorter than A Levels. Although primarily aimed at International students we can sometimes place UK nationals onto such courses
- We can advise on alternative university courses for those whose grades necessitate a direction change
- We can arrange specialist private tuition at home to facilitate retakes for those needing to improve GCSE grades, while still continuing with A Levels at school.
For more information on how we can help specific individual students, go to http://www.educationadvisers.co.uk/services-for-schools-school-referrals or better still phone Mary, Duncan or Ryan on 01622 813870 or 01603 812852
Whatever the situation, remember there is always a solution and always an alternative. We are happy to help you explore the best available options. Education Advisers Ltd are independent and impartial school choice consultants and our 12 websites advise more than 1 million parents/students per annum