The new National Curriculum in Mathematics has at its heart an active, process-orientated delivery of the content; greater emphasis is placed on reasoning and problem solving.
These teaching materials will supplement your chosen textbook and provide your pupils with the opportunity to think for themselves about developing a mathematical strategy to fit a given activity.
The materials have been updated with the content from the new National Curriculum to cover:
- Developing fluency
- Reasoning mathematically
- Solving problems
Topics covered are:
- The nth term
Each topic contains: details of the mathematical content covered; a pupil’s target achieved/progression sheet, lesson plans; worksheets; assessment. A section providing answers to all worksheets is provided at the end of the book.
Selected Topics in KS3 Maths is available as a photocopiable book or on CD Rom, and individual activities can thus be readily copied and distributed to students as required. The copies can also be shared with colleagues or given to supply teachers, without any fear of the original book being misplaced.
An extract from Selected Topics in KS3 Maths, ISBN 978 1 86083 745 6, order code T1678EMN, is available at http://pdf.firstandbest.co.uk/maths/T1678.pdf
- Photocopiable report in a ring binder, £24.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- CD with school-wide rights: £24.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- Both the Ring Binder and the CD £31.94 plus £3.95 delivery
- Prices include VAT.
You can purchase the report…
- By post from First and Best, Hamilton House, Earlstrees Ct, Earlstrees Rd, Corby, NN17 4HH
- By fax to 01536 399 012
- On-line with a credit card at http://shop.firstandbest.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=494
- By phone with a school order number or a credit card to 01536 399 011
- By email with a school order number to firstname.lastname@example.org
When ordering the book please quote the reference T1678EMN.