We’ve all seen the trailer for this year’s GCSE WJEC annual topic and it’s going to be a blockbuster. To get you ready for the real thing, ZigZag Education has a boxset of brand-new resources to support the 2016 topic: Film Trailers and Posters.
The nominations for Best Teaching Resource in a Supporting Role are:
- WJEC Teaching Pack: Bespoke scheme of work with worksheets, handouts and PowerPoints included. The perfect resources to structure and support your teaching of the annual topic. (WU23/5941, £99) Out Now!
- WJEC Online Homework: ‘All your homework set and marked’ (P Knowles, Media Teacher & Subscriber) in this four-part quiz/test structure. Gives students a variety of exercises to complete to consolidate their learning, revise key terms and theories, and practise with exam-style questions. As a teacher, you can track their progress too! (Various packages from £99+VAT for site licence) Release date: January 2016
- WJEC Revision Guide: Ensure students are fully prepared for the exam, from key terms to pre-production skills. The workbooks can be used independently, with a variety of activities and exam-style tasks. (WU23/5940, £79) Release date: December 2015
- WJEC Practice Papers: Original papers in the exact style of the exam. All key concepts tested across a range of exam-style questions. Detailed examiner commentary on every answer gives students a clear idea of ‘what the examiner is thinking’! (WU23/6018, £54) Out Now!
All resources are complementary, and can be used either together or independently. Each resource has been carefully designed so that there is no overlap of content – while still covering the relevant parts of the specification and the core aspects of the topic.
Here’s what the critics* have to say:
- ‘This is an excellent resource that covers all aspects of the topic of film marketing. It is challenging yet comprehensive and has a variety of good film examples and has chosen from all areas of the film industry.’ – M Riches, Media Teacher, 2016 Revision Guide (*****)
- ‘A comprehensive resource, useful for teachers as well as students in flexible ways: for revision purposes, mocks, classroom activities, homework tasks or revision tasks.’ – J Forth, Media Teacher, 2016 Practice Papers (*****)
- ‘This is a great revision guide and the activities supplement classwork perfectly. I had great success last year with it, and plan on continuing to use it.’ – T Hutchinson, Head of Media Studies, 2016 Revision Guide (*****)
*real bonafide teachers
ZigZag resources are available as ‘copy masters’ or in editable format and come with a site licence, allowing you to pay once and copy as often as you need, or put on your server for multiple use. The Teaching Pack, Revision Guide and Practice Papers are also available in:
- Easy-printing PDF files (add 30%+VAT), or
- PDF with editable Word files (add 50%+VAT).
Don’t miss out! Preview and Pre-Order Now
ZigZag Education, Unit 3, Greenway Business Centre, Doncaster Road, Bristol BS10 5PY
t: 0117 950 3199 | f: 0117 959 1695 | WU23@zigzageducation.co.uk
Give your promotional code WU23 to get free postage!