Not every school or college has a shop. There may be a perfectly good reason for this….. Not enough space, no staff available to set it up and run it… or perhaps there just doesn’t seem much enthusiasm or a good reason for having a shop.
However, there are several benefits associated with a school or college shop….
1. Easy availability of products for students.
2. Schools can tailor the shops stock according to the demands of their curriculum.
3. Potential products can be “road tested” by their own students to find out which are most suitable and offer good value for money.
4. By purchasing direct from well established suppliers a school shop should be able to offer lower prices to students than they would pay if similar products were bought locally.
5. When students forget basic equipment such as pens, pencil, ruler etc a quick visit to the school shop at the start of the day will enable them to buy what they need and reduce time wasted at the start of lessons. Result ? Students are more productive and there’s less hassle for teachers.
It’s this last point I’d like to stress.
There are four particularly helpful products for students which school shops might consider.
The four products are:
a. Student Essentials Set Basic kit for almost all lessons. From 85p each
b. Student Study Set An upgraded version of (b) From £ 1.65 each
c. Value Maths Set Basic Maths kit From £ 1.25 each
d. Maths Exam Pack An upgraded version of (c) From £ 1.75 each
Signpost Educational Ltd., PO Box 999 London, E14 6SH Tel: 020 7515 1797
Orders are usually delivered within 1-3 days. Prices are ex vat.