In 2018, over 16,000 students across the UK told us about their careers aspirations and how they access careers information. In our annual survey of school and college students, we found out that:
- Over 80% of students feel as if they have little to no information about apprenticeships
- 45% of students want more career workshops while at school/college
- 71% of students want to go to university and 32% of them made this decision in primary school
We use our findings to help schools/colleges better understand the decision-making process of their students, and hence support them better with regards to careers. We provide a free bespoke report to our partners detailing:
- How well-prepared your students are for the labour market
- Regional and national benchmarks with other schools/colleges
- Students’ assessment of the careers advice they receive
- How your students would like to access careers information
In addition, it is something that can be used as a career’s guidance measuring tool in accordance with The Gatsby Benchmark.
We also work with employers to help them understand students’ views on their career options. Employers will use the insight to further improve and tailor their early careers programmes for different student groups and engage with schools/colleges in a more meaningful way.
We would really appreciate the chance to work with your school/college to make sure your pupils’ opinions and perceptions are accurately represented in the national context. All you need to do is encourage your students to take part by directing them to this link: https://bit.ly/2GPdrR9 (you can even try it out yourself!).
If you would like to receive more information about this study, please contact Bethany Appiah email@example.com/ 02076547242