“Can you see the wind?”
On a windy day go outside with the children and watch streamers blowing. Ask the children whether they can see and feel the effects of the wind on their faces and clothes. Watch the trees and plants move in the wind.
This is just one of the activities that can be found in the series of worksheets that we are giving away, free of charge, from the popular volume “Science and Technology for the Early Years (2nd Edition)”. Other activities include:
- Creating a tiny garden from the worksheet Look down
- Creating an outdoor themed mobile and drawing or painting a picture of the sky from the worksheet Look up
- Catching the wind in a plastic bag from the worksheet Can you see the wind?
- Making a travel agency in the role-play area and making and writing postcards from the worksheet Where do you go for a holiday?
- And much much more!
To request the free worksheet series, simply visit:
Science and Technology for the Early Years (Edition 2) contains 120 science and technology activities for use in the Foundation stage, along with ideas for designing resource areas to stimulate purposeful play. The activities are clearly laid-out with the Purpose, Resources and Safety points given, as well as ‘Challenges’, which can be used to… read more.
Assessment is an integral part of the book and the activities are linked to the seven areas of learning and development and the Early Learning Goals of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (September 2012), as well as… read more.
You can order the Science and Technology for the Early Years (Edition 2) on our website for £18.50 as a printed book, £12.99 as an e-book or both for a discounted price of £22.40.
Alternatively, you can place an order:
- over the phone on 01449 766629
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by fax on 01449 767122
- or by post to Brilliant Publications, Mendlesham Industrial Estate, Norwich Road, Mendlesham, Suffolk, IP14 5ND.