It was, I must admit, more than a little worrying to see an article in the TES this month which suggests that increasing numbers of teachers are becoming sceptical about the benefits of play when it comes to ensuring that children become learners for life.
Of course not all play is equally valuable, but there surely is no doubt that the most effective type of play is co-operative play.
Because we value positive play so strongly we have created a whole new section of our website which deals with a huge array of positive play activities.
Indeed one of the benefits of this type of play is that it can help new members of the school become integrated both into the social life of the school and into the notion of co-operation as a fundamental part of school life.
You can see the whole range of our co-operative play games in our online catalogue
And, as always, you can place an order with Edventure in a variety of ways, including:
- on the website www.edventure.co.uk
- by faxing us to 01323 50 10 41
- by calling us on 01323 50 10 40
- by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to Edventure Ltd, Hargreaves Business Park, Hargreaves Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN23 6QW.
Quote HH0515 when you place your order and we will deliver it for FREE!