No matter how bad that decision looks in retrospect, it takes a very confident and self-possessed individual to say, “yes I got that one wrong.”
Instead the blame is put elsewhere. It was “not my fault”. It “couldn’t be helped”. “Events conspired against me.” We blame the environment, the individuals around us, and society, but rarely do we blame ourselves and the decisions we took.
Yet the fact is that it is quite possible to improve our reaction to the society in which we live, and through that our decision making – if only we can practice.
Which is why the copiable volume, “Life Games” exists.
The volume contains 50 different decision-based games that can be played in the classroom with anything from eight to 40 players from Key Stage 3 to the sixth form.
Each game is presented in the form of a single page of copiable teaching notes – normally with a separate set of student notes also provided. Each also focuses on a theme, ranging from the working of the media to lifestyle balances, from government decisions and consequences to healthy eating, from stress to addiction.
In short, there are enough activities in this volume to provide more than a year’s worth of citizenship and PSHE education, taught and explored in a way that the students will find refreshing, engaging and meaningful.
Life Games is available as a photocopiable book or on CD Rom, and individual activities can thus be readily copied and distributed to students as required. The copies can also be shared with colleagues or given to supply teachers, without any fear of the original book being misplaced.
An extract from Life Games, ISBN 978 1 86083 718 0, order code T1730EMN, is available at http://www.pdf.firstandbest.co.uk/pshe/T1730.pdf
- Photocopiable report in a ring binder, £24.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- CD with school-wide rights: £24.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- Both the Ring Binder and the CD £31.94 plus £3.95 delivery
- Prices include VAT.
You can purchase the report…
- By post from First and Best, Hamilton House, Earlstrees Ct, Earlstrees Rd, Corby, NN17 4HH
- By fax to 01536 399 012
- On-line with a credit card at http://shop.firstandbest.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=558
- By phone with a school order number or a credit card to 01536 399 011
- By email with a school order number to email@example.com
When ordering the book please quote the reference T1730EMN.