In learning any language students we all go through two phases.
The first involves becoming familiar with the basic grammar and vocabulary of the language that allows the individual to engage in simple written and verbal communication – enough to ask the way to the shops and understand the answer.
That type of communication is expanded and developed through bringing in new situations and speeding up the exchanges while still keeping the subject matter very much in the every day.
That is part one. The second part then makes a conceptual leap from that position – a leap which takes the students up to a completely different level.
By this second stage the awareness of many everyday phrases is embedded in the brain and can be heard, understood and answered without translation. The language is understood as language.
And here students make the leap from a pass at GCSE to a higher grade and prepare themselves for A level, should they wish to take it.
Deutscher Wiederholungskurs will help this type of candidate make these steps forward. It provides material for revision for the GCSE speaking and writing tests and helps to bridge the gap between GCSE and A level.
The course is divided into 8 topics drawn from the GCSE syllabus, each containing the same tasks:
- Oral questions to revise the topic briefly;
- Suggestions for visual stimuli for further oral revision;
- A passage of German entitled “Fritz erzählt” which contains gaps to fill in and practice for case endings, pronouns and verb endings;
- Comprehension exercises on the passage to be answered in full German sentences;
- A passage of English for translation into German; and a series of questions in German, the answers to which should form the basis for a short essay. Finally there are a series of related role-play situations.
The book is fully photocopiable for ease of use in the classroom and will prove an invaluable source of revision and consolidation for your GCSE students.
Sample pages from the book, order code T1616emn, can be found on http://pdf.firstandbest.co.uk/modlang/T1616.pdf
- Photocopiable report in a ring binder, £19.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- CD with school-wide rights: £19.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- Both the Ring Binder and the CD £26.94 plus £3.95 delivery
- Prices include VAT.
You can purchase the report…
- By post from First and Best, Hamilton House, Earlstrees Ct, Earlstrees Rd, Corby, NN17 4HH
- By fax to 01536 399 012
- On-line with a credit card at http://tinyurl.com/mw79zv
- By phone with a school order number or a credit card to 01536 399 011
When ordering the book please quote the reference T1