Would you like to develop your subject knowledge with an intensive weekend course at one of the world’s top universities?
Cambridge’s Institute of Continuing Education offers weekend courses throughout the year in music appreciation and practical music-making.
Courses are taught by leading musicologists and musicians in the beautiful setting of Madingley Hall, a 16th-century country house near Cambridge.
Each weekend starts with dinner on Friday evening and ends with lunch on Sunday. You can choose to stay at the Hall for the duration of your course, or attend as a non-resident.
Weekend music courses in 2014
The following music courses are taking place in 2014:
- Literature and Romantic music (21–23 March)
- Music at the court of Frederick the Great (4–6 April)
- The operas of Benjamin Britten (16–18 May)
- Double reed players’ weekend (30 May – 1 June)
- Strange meetings: words, music and the First World War (27–29 June)
- The Rake’s Progress: Hogarth, Hockney, de Valois and Stravinsky (4–6 July)
- Music and culture in Elizabethan England (25–27 July)
- The concept of the hero in the operas of Richard Wagner (25–27 July)
- Jazz improvisation (1–3 August)
- Wagner’s Parsifal and the quest for the holy grail (12–14 September)
- Music impressionism: from dawn to dusk (5–7 December)
Bursaries and fees
This year, we are offering bursaries of £100 to state-funded teachers, courtesy of Cambridge University Press. Early application is recommended as funds are limited. You may apply for one bursary per academic year.
The course fee for non-residents starts from £240 – or just £140 with a bursary award – including lunch, dinner and all lectures. The fee for residents starts from £350 – or just £250 with a bursary award – including bed and breakfast at Madingley Hall in addition to the above.
Book your place
Visit www.ice.cam.ac.uk/music-courses to find out more about the above courses and to apply online.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions, or if you would prefer not to receive emails from us in future.
Communications and Marketing Manager
Institute of Continuing Education, University of Cambridge
Madingley Hall, Madingley, Cambridge, CB23 8AQ
Tel: +44 (0)1223 746262
We are part of the University of Cambridge and provide part-time and short courses for adults.