Starter activities can be invaluable to you as a teacher. They help you to achieve one or more of the following:
- Engage the pupils as soon as they enter the room, preventing instances of boredom that can lead to poor behaviour.
- Set the tone for the rest of the lesson. The pupils have engaged in work right from the start.
- Demonstrate your expectations of the pupils and set a routine. As soon as the pupils enter your classroom they will start work.
- Recap the main ideas or key words from the previous lesson.
- Pass on any general geography ideas or skills that you otherwise don’t get time to teach.
- Get the pupils brains going and instil some motivation.
- Challenge the pupils in a fun way that makes them look forward to the next one.
- Challenge the pupils against one another in an enjoyable way.
- Give yourself the chance to get ready anything you might need for the lesson, or take the register.
Geography Starters is a set of starter activities – crosswords, puzzles, wordsearches, etc – designed for pupils at KS3. It is provided in a photocopiable format so that sheets can be copied and given out to pupils as required – and obviously re-used as much as you wish. Answer sheets are provided.
You can see a full list of the topics and some sample pages at http://www.pdf.firstandbest.co.uk/geography/T1717.pdf
Publisher’s reference: T1717EMN ISBN: 978 1 86083 722 7
- Photocopiable report in a ring binder, £24.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- CD with school-wide rights: £24.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- Both the Ring Binder and the CD £31.94 plus £3.95 delivery
Prices include VAT.
You can purchase the report… please quote the order ref: T1717EMN
We guarantee the lowest prices on: PCs, servers, laptops, netbooks, tablets, projectors, storage, workstations, consumables …
Let us know what you are looking to buy and we’ll come back to you with special prices to save you money.
Our latest special offers include:
HP 635 B0W85ES AMD E-450 4GB 500GB DVDRW 15.6TFT CAM BT W7 PRO
£245 + VAT
Toshiba NB500-12X PLL50E-04W012EN Atom N455 1GB 320GB 10.1” CAM
£168 + VAT
HP 4540S B6N83EA i3-2370M 4GB 320GB DVDRW 15.6TFT BT CAM FPR W7PRO
£355 + VAT
HP 650 B6N63EA Intel Pentium B970 4GB 500GB DVDRW 15.6” CAM CASE W7HP
£250 + VAT
HP Care Pack UK707A 3Yr Pickup and Return NB Only SVC
£24 + VAT
HP PC Tower P3405 QB242EA AMD A4-3420 2GB 500GB DVDRW W7Pro
£ 258 + VAT
To receive the special discount for schools for any of the above products, all you need to do is quote
“eshot offer 44″.
For any quotes please contact us:
If there is one thing that can readily take a student up a grade it is vocabulary.
Which is why we have produced a resource pack which covers a wide range of French language exercises, which aim to reinforce and expand vocabulary.
The worksheets provide students with valuable language and reading practice. The resource also contain the necessary words and phrases that students need to speak and write confidently and with authenticity.
They can be used in class or as homework tasks. Model answers are also included for each page.
The vocabulary and language tasks can also be used by teachers as benchmark tests to monitor their students’ progress throughout the A-Level and IB French course.
A grand total of 19 different language points are covered, including:
- Les définitions
- Les synonymes
- Les homonymes
- Les antonymes
- Les expressions idiomatiques avec les nombres
- Les expressions idiomatiques avec les parties du corps
- Les expressions idiomatiques avec les couleurs
- Les erreurs courantes en français
- Les faux-amis
- Les niveaux de langue
- Le langage de la rue
- Les paronymes
- Les homographes
- Les prépositions
- Les conjonctions de coordination
- Les conjonctions de subordination
- Les conjonctions de subordination suivies de l’infinitif
- Les adverbes de temps
- La différence entre nombre, numéro et chiffre
This resource contains 51 copiable pages which are available as PDF downloads or as a PDF or editable Word files on a CD. The price of £29.99 + VAT is the same for all formats.
Once purchased the CD can be freely copied and networked throughout the school.
To see sample pages please email email@example.com quoting the order code 9223.
You can order the Essential French Language Practice for A-Level and International Baccalaureate French in any of these ways:
- On our website
- By phone on 0117 940 6409
- By fax on 0117 940 6408
- By email (quoting a school order number) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post to: Classroom Resources, PO Box 1489, Bristol, BS99 3QJ