Plastics in our Environment is a guide to the science of plastics and the environmental issues concerned with their use for Key Stage 4.
The package provides background information for various levels of the Science Attainment targets 1 – 4 and Technology Attainment targets 3 and 4. It is abvailable as a photocopiable book – and thus just one copy is needed, and can be used repeatedly within the school.
The book is divided into five main sections:
- The life cycle of plastic – from manufacture and use to disposal and recycling.
- Why plastics are used – their properties, the materials, consumption and disposal.
- The disposal of plastics in more detail: plastic waste, recycling problems, incineration and landfill.
- The different types of degradable plastics: -photodegradable, biodegradable and chemical degradable plastics.
- PVC – its manufacture, uses, fire hazard, additives and chemistry.
The book also includes questions and discussion points and teachers notes and is widely illustrated throughout.
You can see a full list of the topics and some sample pages at http://pdf.firstandbest.co.uk/dt/SampleT1667.pdf
Publisher’s reference: T1667EMN ISBN: 978 1 86083 694 7
- Photocopiable report in a ring binder, £15.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- CD with school-wide rights: £15.95 plus £3.95 delivery
- Both the Ring Binder and the CD £22.94 plus £3.95 delivery
- Prices include VAT.
You can purchase the report… please quote the order ref: T1667EMN
- By post to First and Best, Hamilton House, Earlstrees Ct., Earlstrees Way, Corby, NN17 4HH
- By fax to 01536 399 012
- On line with a credit card at http://shop.firstandbest.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=484