When it comes to preparing for exams, providing students with PowerPoints that link directly to the syllabus can be a major benefit, especially for those who have difficulty with focussing on the key elements in the syllabus.
Which is why our resource – Cambridge IGCSE History PowerPoints CD – covers the syllabus requirements and provides the essential foundation for achieving at least a grade C.
What’s more, it will whet the appetite of students and encourage them to do more detailed research in order to achieve higher grades.
Following each section there are review questions for students to privately test themselves or to serve as assessment material.
The core content of the PowerPoints includes:
- The Treaty of Versailles, focusing on its effect on Germany
- The League of Nations, exploring successes and failures in addition to detailed studies of the Manchuria and Abyssinia crises
- Chronologically describing the collapse of international peace from Versailles in 1919 to Hitler’s invasion of Poland in 1939
- The beginning of the Cold War from 1945-1949
- Considering the case studies of the Cuban Missile Crisis and the Vietnam War, the USA’s attempts to contain the spread of communism
- Resistance to Soviet Power, case studies; Hungary, 1956, Czechoslovakia, 1968 and the Polish Solidarity movement of the 1980’s, and finally
- How effective has the United Nations been? Case studies; civil war in Congo and the war in Korea.
The depth study selected for this scheme of work is Germany 1918-1945. The lead questions are:
- Was the Weimar Republic doomed from the start?
- Why was Hitler able to dominate Germany by 1934?
- How effectively did the Nazis control Germany, 1933-1945?
- What was it like to live in Nazi Germany?
The PowerPoints are illustrated throughout with political cartoons, photographs from the time and maps, giving the opportunity for further discussion and exploring the wider meaning.
The slides themselves can also serve as revision flash cards.
This resource contains 160 slides which are available as a download or on a CD. The price of £59.99 + VAT is the same for both formats.
Once purchased the CD can be freely copied and networked throughout the school.
To see sample pages please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the order code 7157.
You can order the Cambridge IGCSE History PowerPoints CD in any of these ways: