Do you want to make the most of your time with tutor groups? Develop the thinking skills of all your students, with quick, creative and interesting activities. The tasks are accessible to all ages, with clear instructions and timings for the tutor. All handouts and answers included for quick reference in limited tutor time.
Don’t just take our word for it – independent reviewers are excited about these resources too!
- ‘Wow! What a resource… It’s smashing! All activities are different and call on different ranges of skills. Some are numerical, some linguistic and others spatial or visual… It encourages teamwork, teambuilding and a developing understanding of individuals’ needs… an exciting and invaluable resource.’ Paul Nolan, Vertical Tutor & Independent Reviewer
- ‘Teaches the pupils a range of valuable skills and genuinely fosters team building in a fun way… I’ve been waiting for something like this for a while.’ Rhiannon Richards, Vertical Tutor & Independent Reviewer
Designed specifically for 20-minute weekly sessions for students from Year 7 through to Year 11. Can be used as a complete scheme, or stand-alone tasks for one-off tutor sessions.
- Tried & tested in a large secondary school with mixed-age ‘vertical’ tutor groups
- Team-building tasks encourage interaction across age boundaries
- Peer assessment meets AfL objectives
Tasks include: code breaking, memory games, lateral thinking, ‘General Knowledge Sums’, logic problems, ‘Word Merge’, ‘Visual–Spatial Sequencing’, ‘Pig Latin’.
A full year’s worth of tasks are available as a photocopy master with site licence (£39 per term or £99 for 3 terms). Additional electronic site licence available at 30% for PDF or 50% for PDF and Word Editable; order this for digital downloads and zero postage.
ZigZag resources are available as ‘copy masters’ or in editable format and come with a site licence, allowing you to pay once and copy as often as you need, or put on your server for multiple use.
Order online and view inspection copies at http://zigzag.at/UT01 (or email UT01@zigzageducation.co.uk for a proforma invoice). For more information on ordering from Australia and New Zealand see http://zigzag.at/UT01-International or email UT01@zigzageducation.co.uk